View Single Post
Old
05-16-2013, 07:00 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Folks I bet this was asked already but I don't remember. What's Lindberg's ceiling? I understand he's not the most skilled guy. However, is 50-55 point 3rd liner who is good defensively a possibility? If so we'll be incredibly deep down the middle for years to come. Stepan, Brassard, and Lindberg.
I think its really hard to tell, nine of ten times you can basically create a check list for a prospect. And that check list can be pretty strict. Looking at a kid like Derick Brassard, a check list like that works well. He skates, stick-handles and shoot the puck well, he sees the ice well and so forth and so forth. Since he isn't out of this world on the check-list, he isn't either Sid II. Its not much harder than that.

But somewhere along the line, a hockey game is played on the ice and in the end all that matters is getting the job done. Oscar Lindberg is not a great NHL prospect going by the check-list, to be honest, but is doing a really fine job by the second criteria.

We shouldn't underrate his raw abilities. He isn't a flashy skater/stickhandler but have since a really early age played at a high level, with the result that he hasn't adopted much flash that anyway only becomes a bad habit at a higher level.

I think it would be great if he could turn into somekind of Sergei Nemchinov of 2013, and that is putting the bar pretty high. At the same time, you never know...