View Single Post
Old
05-16-2013, 07:05 AM

vCash: 500
Vorky, you've got delusions of grandeur. You're not being realistic here. Cooperation would indeed be a good thing for European hockey, but as we've seen before that rarely works as good as you imply it would. We simply do not have the bargaining power to turn things around on the NHL. The current agreement isn't bad at all like many have pointed out. It has some great benefits for us. Let me quote joe89:
Quote:
We(Swedes) should be happy to keep our juniors at home and make sure to take care of our development program, that's really important as far as I'm concerned. We've got something that's working and need to keep refining those areas. The next step is to get our kids to stay 1-2 years longer at home before going overseas, and I believe that will be the case with the four year player rights.
To me, as a fan of Swedish hockey, it is more important to get our young players to stay longer in Sweden. For you, everything seems to be about the financial side. It is just absolutely hilarious to read the threads over at the KHL-subforum, because you guys think the solution to everything is to throw fat stacks of money onto whatever problem you are facing, and I can tell you that it'll never be the solution. But hey, you can keep on trying. You'll never be able to convince us of the greatness of the KHL by doing so.

1978 is offline   Reply With Quote