View Single Post
Old
05-16-2013, 08:52 AM
Gord
MoneyGuy is smarter

vCash: 1255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Just curious from one fan to another and I know you've been frustrated and afairc considering whether you would continue to attend. What has got you turned around and prepared to continue on.

I'm saying that in friendly terms and from the perspective of an ardent longterm fan that after decades has lost faith in this product. Somehow, my interest in the team is evaporating. Not that I want it to. I just don't have any hope in where the team is at. \

I'll probably end up going but right now this offseason I can't recall a time when I had less interest in the Esks.

It really is long past show me time for what has become a pathetic franchise.
to tell the truth it's because of my friends.
as we all get older and have other commitments, going to a game together is one of the few evenings we can have a guys night out. (and one where the wives don't complain) So we renewed to be able to get together in the fresh air, people watch, and hang out together for a couple of drinks.
the football now comes after that. we've been to so many poorly played football games over the last 5 or 6 years that we expect nothing but crap from the team and are pleasantly surprised when the esks do play a solid game.
( pretty sad that the flagship of the league has sunk to that level)

I like football, like seeing it live (I've learned so much about the game by being able to watch where the ball isn't. tv games are so limiting.), doing so with friends, and am only committed to 10 nights a season. it helps that the product is still fairly affordable.