View Single Post
Old
05-16-2013, 09:54 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 2627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Just curious but why would you think the Edmonton Rush would end up playing at the new Arena. Theres no Oiler affiliation with this club, they would only sell a fraction of the building, and would represent a poor use of the facility.

I suspect they stay where they are if they even remain here as a club as they are losing money year after year.

As far as "rich" I wouldn't put it that way but when lowest cost tickets are probably 100 bucks for most events its a more select market. People seldom seem to consider the layout of the new arena and that as described has a lot of luxury, loge, suite, and party seating but very little, if any cheapseats type sectioning. Its a whole different layout then what people are used to at Rexall. There is no "nosebleed" level in the new build. The top level at the new arena is still all very marketable seating. They won't go cheap. Only Oil Kings, and Curling, if located at the new facility, will be easily affordable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisj View Post
Fair point - I say they'd be at the new arena because I personally don't truly believe the existing Rexall Place will exist past 2016, no matter what Northlands currently says.

Actually, if I was a betting person, Katz will buy the Rush before the new arena opens like the Flames purchased the Roughnecks in Calgary... because if he doesn't, your second point will be correct, they won't remain here at all.
For whatever reason I feel the same. He'll add to his Rexall sports empire.