View Single Post
Old
05-16-2013, 09:06 AM
LaGu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucks_oil View Post
I think I line up closer to this... I'm not 100% him playing in the NHL this year, it's just that I'd be shocked he could be ready given how little hockey he's played over the last two years.

My caution though has more to do with wanting our team to be competitive, than it does with worrying we would "ruin" Klefbom. I want to see 6 NHL defenders on this team come training camp (FA#1 - solid #2, FA#2 - solid #4, Smid, N Schultz, Petry, J. Schultz)... after that, Marincin, Klefbom, Teubert, Peckham and Potter can all duke it out for the final spot. They can all be given opportunity to play their way up the depth chart.

Unless he blows you away, let Klefbom get 20 games under his belt in OKC before re-evaluating.
Without going into arguments over which is the best course I'd just like to point out what I've already done in the past. Unless he completely screws up in TC Klefbom will get to start in the Oilers. I'd bet half of my fortune on it if I had any... 5-10 games I think, then there will be an evaluation and OKC might be an option.

By the way, he didn't play so much this season (23GP) for obvious reasons but last season he played a lot, 77GP, so I don't know what you are referring to there (or did I misunderstand your post?).

LaGu is offline   Reply With Quote