Old
05-16-2013, 09:10 AM
Vieille Barbe
Radko's Modern Life

vCash: 500
Re: Brad Richards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
...I don't know how many times I've seen him on struggling teams in Tampa and Dallas and been suprised of how little he actually contributes at times. But then he got absolute fantastic instincts and a really good shot, and if he is put in the right environment the pts start to pile up. His biggest problem in NY is definitely -- without any single doubt -- the lack of a left handed playmaker to play keep aways with on the PP. In Dallas he had Riberio and in Tampa he had Lecav...
This is an astute insight. Actually Richards seldom played with Lecavalier in Tampa. He won the Conn Smythe in 2004 mostly playing on a line with Marty St. Louis and Freddie Modin, who are both left handers. Marty won the Art Ross that year and Freddie potted 29 in the regular season.

Brad is one of my favorite players and I have tried to follow his career. My take is that there is something physically not right with him this season. He has had a number of odd ailments over the years as well as the usual pileup of injuries.

Sadly, it seems possible that Richards may be one of those guys who just physically wears out and can't play at a high level. The Rangers have been down that road more than once, giving large contracts to guys nearing the end of the line - most recently with Drury. I hope it doesn't go that way for him.

Vieille Barbe is offline   Reply With Quote