View Single Post
Old
05-16-2013, 09:54 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
I'm not saying I'm opposed to trading him, just that it would be a waste of an amnesty. Why waste one on a player who's not that overpaid (if at all) and can still contribute?

My first choice would actually to be trade him, IF we can acquire a shutdown defender. I'd like to see...

Phaneuf - xxx
Gardiner - Franson
Gunnarson - Fraser
Well one way or another, it looks like Liles is expendable and not a part of Leafs future plans so he is on Nonis ship out of town list this summer.

Hopefully he can be dealt away, as that is always preferable option #1, before a buyout comes into play.

Komisarek is an obvious amnesty buyout candidate, and so Liles is lower on the priority list as a option as a result of bigger fish to fry. Leafs might also want to leave a spot open for Rielly or any other youngster allowing him an opportunity for advancement internally if an outside defender is not brought in.