View Single Post
Old
05-16-2013, 10:34 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamipuck View Post
Honestly, I do not know about the first "concussion", so I can't and won't opine on that. However, that Chimera hit had Clowe seeing stars. It didn't take a genius to see that he got bug eyed to the point they were almost rolling behind his head and he looked pretty damn woozy. If that wasn't a concussion per se, he sure looked like a guy that got his bell rung.

I think you played the game, and if you have I am sure you have seen that a bunch of times, I know I have. I don't think saying that Clowe was concussed at least the 2nd go around is wild speculation at all, I would say it is a veritable certainty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
I agree that it's speculation about the concussions. Don't agree that it's over the top comparing his situation to that of Lindros if it turns out that is two separate concussions following closely on each other. We don't know **** yet but **** a guy getting two separate concussions within a couple weeks is not a guy I would want to commit a lot of years or $ to--especially one whose game revolves around playing as physical as Clowe does. In the NHL cap world of today there is little room for too many big money-long term mistakes--at least if you want your team to be successful.

At the end of the day I basically agree with you guys. "Over the top speculation" may have been too strong of a wording choice. It definitely looks like at least one concussion, and if that is the case it's not a good thing at all.