View Single Post
Old
05-16-2013, 10:42 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Not going to quote your monster post TG, because I can see will agree to disagree on this topic, which is fine. I respect your opinion, i just don't share it.

I do have one point to make about the 3 rookies in the line up next year. You pointed out Nolan, King and Voynov last year. It's a valid point, but it's not easily comparible to placing Toffoli, Pearson and Andreoff into the line up next year.

Firstly, all three are forwards, where as only two of King, Nolan and Voynov were forwards. Voynov's on the blueline. You're spreading your rookies out differently that way, and really it only affected the one line, since King and Nolan played together largely.

With Toffoli, Pearson and Andreoff, there's a good chance you'd have a rookie on three lines. That's asking a lot. Or you could end up with two rookies on the 2nd line, once again asking a lot from two kids, and odds are some compensating from our veteran forwards.

Secondly, Voynov had 231 pro level games under his belt when he was recalled permanently, King had 200 and Nolan had 118 (I'm not including the games they played in the AHL during the lockout in those totals). That's 549 pro games (not counting playoffs) before they made the NHL full-time.

Toffoli, Pearson and Andreoff have a combined 207 games. Massive difference in terms of experience and capability to jump into the NHL and compete, not to mention Pearson will barely be 20, Toffoli will be 21 and Andreoff will be 22 next season, while Voynov was almost 22 and both King and Nolan were 22 when they made the jump.