View Single Post
Old
01-03-2004, 05:30 PM
Tiki

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Tiki
Quote:
So M, I was listening when you first took out the panic button, and I'm listening now. Just not agreeing about pushing it. :p
Scince I posted on the original thread I guess I'll re-add my thoughts here as well. (and I agree that 8th spot and only 4 points back in your division is a laughable time to call for "panic" moves)

There is no need to push the panic button. I belive the Stars are preforming right along with what talent they have there in Dallas. They have lost several players over the past few years, not to mention a top NHL coach, that were big contributers to thier rise to power in the West and replaced them with less effecitve parts. This version of the Stars is still a good team but by no means the power house they once were.

I know M=G and I disagree to an extent on how much the changes seem to have erroded the team, but I think they are not a true "cup conntender" any more. Not that if Turco pulls some games out they could not make noise in the playoffs. I just see at least 8 teams out there that have betters chances.