View Single Post
Old
05-16-2013, 11:48 AM
ManByng
Moroz fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
One thing that needs to be considered is that we haven't even had our own AHL team for a long time. I think that spoiled the development of a ton of players, but still... yeah we have blown in the past at developing d-men.

I think we can all agree than Marincin has had a GREAT year. I was worried that he'd suffer like Hamilton did. (Used to pushing around smaller guys and was at a huge disadvantage once he turned pro.

I'm totally sold on Marincin and Gernat turning into a full time NHL pairing a few years down the road. They still need to put on a considerable amount of weight, though.

Davidson and Musil... man its weird mentioning so many guys... but if we don't rush these guys it looks like we'll have enough quality #3-6 d-men with size for a long time. Klefbom could turn into a 1st pairing guy. Too soon to tell... but I think our problem now is at center and bottom 6 forwards.

I think one could say that our scouting and development at all positions has been brutal over hte years. You can't count guys that go top 10, because they're just doing what they were expected to do. (Gagner, Hall, Hopkins and Yakupov.)

And that should count for goalies that go really early in the draft, too.
some very good points here! i actually like the d-men we have drafted since 2010 and i hope we can continue that. the Oilers seem afraid to take a goalie with a high pick, and i don't mean necessarily a 1st rounder, but they have missed out on goalies like John Gibson because they didn't want to take a goalie in the 2nd round. i am hopeful the Oil can change this and maybe try to get a potential top end goalie in the upcoming draft with Fucale, Comrie, Jarry, Peterson and Martin all looking like they could be very good down the road.

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote