View Single Post
Old
05-16-2013, 11:18 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelTufnel View Post
I just figured that since Komi only has this season and then is gone anyways, it would be more of a waste to buy him out.

I like Liles, but I think he's already been replaced by a superior, younger, and cheaper player in Gardiner so why have his cap for the next 3 years?
I can buy that as its based on logical reasoning.

Much better long-term cap situation for the Leafs is created by buying out Liles and keeping Komisarek and letting his contract end normally as that is only a factor for next year.

Grabs effort in the playoffs, despite an off year overall statistically has bought him another year reprieve as opposed to a buyout. A compliance buyout is still available the following season if he doesn't rebound, but then your idea of not using it on Komisarek makes even more sense to keep it in reserve if needed. Timing wise Komisarek would come off the books anyways at that time naturally when that time comes giving more cap space options for Nonis to consider.

Mess is offline   Reply With Quote