View Single Post
Old
05-16-2013, 12:43 PM
RayzorIsDull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
And while this seems to make sense, I see it as a cop-out. Barrie didn't get it this year not because of arena etc. They had city $ backing. It was their returning roster vs London's. Not even close. Guelph with their roster and everything they bring, I betcha it would have been almost a tie with London....a tie that London would have lost, due to the fact the hosted in 05. But this year because it was never close (it really wasn't), they 'had' to choose London. If I was a Guelph fan I would be furious that the powers that be didn't even try to get in on it. Can you imagine the world we would live in if all the 'smaller' entities said, "oh im not going to try because they look bigger and stronger". Weak excuses.
I don't think it's a cop out. If Branch cared about the health of the OHL he would be talking to the owners and governors of respective teams for why they didn't put in a bid. You can say it's a cop out but looking at the teams that have won bids lately it's big arenas and big markets. Shouldn't we see who bids for 2017 if it's Ottawa, London, Kitchener and Windsor what would you say? The league really needs to look at the whole bidding process and the reprehensible damage it's doing to the league, optics are very poor. In 2011 it was about guaranteed money with Mississauga, in 2014 it's the strength of the London roster. Branch and his cronies can base their decision on any pie in the sky criteria.