View Single Post
Old
05-16-2013, 02:03 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
The Hawks are flying under the radar a bit in the media, which seems to have cascaded down to public opinion.

Everyone has expected the Wings to make a series of this and hardly anyone is pumping up the Hawks like they talk about the Kings or Pens. I know Chicago didn't show their best against the Wild, but they still closed the deal faster than anyone else execpt for San Jose (and as quickly as Ottawa).

I don't think the Hawks will have any trouble with Detroit.
Pens are media darlings and made big move at deadline which led to many claiming they were "unstoppable"

Kings play a more old fashioned thorwback style of hockey (Big , Phyiscal with strong goaltending)

Hawks have flown under radar all year. Even during there streak alot of other stories got more attention

Media seems rather quick to dismiss the Hawks because of Crawford (Who has been fantastic this year) and Bowman (Not doing anything but add Handzus at deadline)

Reminds me of 2010 to be honest. Hawks weren't supposed to contend with Niemi in net and didn't do anything at trade deadline outside of bring in Nick Boynton

Sharks/Caps/Pens got all the attention in 2010 as well ,, Hawks flew under radar most of year

I kind of like the Hawks flying under radar again