Bluesman91

vCash: 2357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
so the difference between
Stewart - Oshie
&
Cole - Shattenkirk
took it from "a good starting point" to an "easy no"?

In your offer, you don't alleviate any cap space.... so you take on 13 million in cap space, and still have to sign Petriangelo, Shattenkirk and Berglund. Can you even afford to do that?

split the difference?

One of Oshie or Shattenkirk
One of Stewart or Cole
?
i.e. Oshie and Cole or Shattenkirk and Stewart
Yes, Stewart simply does not work in our system. Stewart and Oshie are about as equal in trade value but Oshie is the biggest marketed player in St. Louis and he fits Hitch's system well.

Cole to Shattenkirk is where it got messed up. Cole is a LHD which we are now stacked on, our RHD without Shattenkirk looks something along the lines of Pietrangelo, Polak, Fairchild, and Hakanpaa. If Shattenkirk were being moved, we would be wanting Sekera back to fill the hole Shattenkirk left.

We are the 2nd lowest paying team in the NHL. Moving Stewart will free up cap space and honestly Berglund won't be getting anything over 2.7 million dollars for how inconsistent he was this year and will get a prove-it contract. Shattenkirk will get around 4-4.5 million. Pietrangelo could get 7 million but that's a wash considering it's just the cap space freed up from not re-signing McDonald, Langenbrunner and Nichol alone. Not to mention I doubt we re-sign Leo unless he is taking a major paycut. We would be close, but there isn't any doubt that I think Armstrong could make it under the cap.