View Single Post
Old
05-16-2013, 03:23 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
I doubt 95% of NHL players have been scratched in the middle of a playoff series but I digress.

Any team that would want Ak much less persue him deserves him. I can only hope that the Habs are not one of these teams. The good news is, it's almost a complete certainty that we are not one of those teams.
One of the keys to building a team is good asset management.

A couple of pages ago posters were talking about Domenic Moore, who signed with Florida as a FA and then we paid Florida a 2nd round pick for him a couple of months later. This type of bad asset management got Gauthier fired because when a few of the regulars went down the cupboard was empty.

If we trade Bourque for a 2nd a decent prospect and sign AK, maybe don't improve our team in the here and now but our future becomes brighter and that is good asset management.

We probably won't get AK but the long-term effect of what you believe is that we'll keep firing coaches and GM's until "they" get it. Good asset management makes for smart , successful coaches and bad asset management makes for "see you later" losers.