Thread: Claude Julien
View Single Post
Old
05-16-2013, 03:46 PM
missingchicklet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk 16 View Post
Interesting comments by Adam Oates after the Caps' PO exit that is probaby relevant to this conversation.

Oates Uses Boston Example to Inspire

I've been plenty critical of Clode, but the fact is in a league where the talent difference between the teams isn't all that great, year to year consistency may be the best formula for winning. There are no true powerhouse clubs anymore, and winning it all may come down to being in a position to capitalize on that lucky bounce at the critical moment. But to get in that position requires a consistent, methodical approach and taking the long view towards building a contender.

That's my read on it, anyway. I still think Clode could be more improvisational at times, though. But now that we're in the second round I'm going to stop criticizing him for the rest of the year.

GO BRUINS!!!
Fair comments. The part about the parity in the NHL is why I think Claude needs to stay. He has the B's in a position every year to win the Cup if the bounces go their way and they are healthy. We saw that during our Cup year. We saw that against Tor in game 7. We see that with a lot of other teams as well every year in the layoffs. All I want is a stable coach who gives us a winning team year in and year out, and has that team in a reasonable position to go somewhere in the playoffs. Just bringing in a new coach because some things Claude does are annoying is risky business and probably not wise long-term. I don't think CJ gets enough credit around here for being one of the best in the business.