View Single Post
Old
05-16-2013, 03:18 PM
Alflives*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
What does Fowler have to do with anything? He had 11 points in 37 games this season and was 3rd in ice-time amongst Ducks defensemen. Kronwall and Boyle are hardly examples of the type of players you've been saying the Canucks lack.

I love how the 'core' question for you comes down to whether a team has what you deem to be a #1 defenseman. But apparently the criteria for a #1 defensemen are completely arbitrary and change to include anyone who isn't on Canucks. Including Cam Fowler...
Then, you do agree that the Canuck's current core is far behind several NHL teams, in either age, talent or a combination of both. How then are the Canucks going to win with this current group, when so many other teams have better and younger core players? Fowler is a young D, with great skills, which the Canucks don't have. I missed Edmonton's young core too, which includes J. Schultz. Oh, and Montreal with Subban. I think too many Canuck's fans (including myself) too often see their team for what they want them to be, and not what they currently are. Which is okay, of course. We are fans.