View Single Post
Old
05-16-2013, 03:26 PM
MiamiHockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddtFoyle View Post
Well I live in the fact-based world MiamiHockey, so until you actually have some facts to back your obviously biased opinions, I'm just going to try my best to ignore your ramblings.
I'm curious FreddtFoyle ... what direction do you think I am biased in?

I actually went to RMC and served 12 years in the Canadian Armed Forces, and I am also alumnus of the University of Alberta, in addition to my 5 years of experience recruiting and coaching CIS hockey.

The simple fact is, RMC hockey players get paid by the Canadian Armed Forces either (1) when they conduct their training as members of the Reserves, or (2) during the year, but they then have a 5-year commitment to serve in the Regular Force. My point was that comparing that "pay" to how other programs pay their players to work at hockey camps is not comparable. If you don't believe me, then I'd encourage you to sign up for Basic Training and find out how much you have to work for that pay.

As a faculty member, I also know how universities operate. Within each university, different programs have different entrance standards. Look at a CIS hockey roster, and see for yourself what programs players are enrolled in. You can make your own inferences, but I can assure you that players enrolled in "General Studies" went through a less rigorous application process than those enrolled in "Pre-Med."

Also, different universities have different willingness to flex their standards for athletes. I know, for a fact, that RMC, Queen's, McGill, and Toronto are four schools with virtually no flexibility on their enrolment standards for athletes.

I'm still not sure what bias I have ... I am hoping that you can enlighten me.

MiamiHockey is offline   Reply With Quote