View Single Post
Old
05-16-2013, 03:54 PM
OILSLICK94

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Human View Post
As for Barkov, I find some similarities to Kopitar/Thornton with the way he plays the game. Big frame, good hands for his size, and a solid combination of passing/shooting ability.

His skating's a bit iffy at this point, and I'd suggest he spend one more year in Europe a la Kopitar/Backstrom developing the finer points of his game (face-offs, speed) before he comes over.

But like Monahan - he's your prototypical West Coast hockey player. He goes to the dirty areas, takes hits to make plays, and seems virtually immovable (at least in the FNL/WJHC) when people try to hit him. That kind of rock-solid player is someone you build around.
I have wanted Monahan all along, he is the perfect #2 Center behind RNH, then we can trade or move Gagner to the wing.

But I just don't see him sliding past the Flames, Which sucks, if Monahan is selected I say we trade down, and take one of the stud "D" man, example Nikita Zadorov watched him all year here in London with the Knights, 6' 6" 230pds this is a Russian version of Tyler Myers that everyone wants to trade for. Really like him.