View Single Post
Old
05-16-2013, 04:24 PM
Razor29
Bandwagon Hopper

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrawn View Post
Guess if we're gonna feed off the bottom, may as well do it cheaply, right?

Just saying, after 4 years, it starts to look more about being "cheap" than the fear of overpaying. 4 years with that philosophy, and we were the second worst team in the league. I'm not saying we open the wallet and sign every free agent out there ala the Rangers, but there is a perception out there that the Kroenkes aren't really trying with the Avs, and are using their money elsewhere in their sporting empire. Gettign harder to dismiss that as we are approaching the half a decade mark with that philosophy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kento19 View Post
Yeah, by the best team in the NHL. The Avalanche are in a better position looking forward than the Wild were before those two big signings. Imagine if Colorado added two players similar to Parise and Suter to their team. Imagine our team with those two guys signed this offseason if they were availible

Parise Duchene PAP
Landy ROR Downie
Mcginn Staz Sgarbo/Jones
Mcleod Mitchell Bordy

Suter EJ
Hejda Seth
Wilson Barrie/Elliott

Varly

I'm not saying we should go the UFA route. But i'm saying it's wrong to compare our team to the Wild and their success from taking that route.
And in a year (or two? Can't remember), when we need to re-sign our young guys, we would then be at a cap crunch.

Edit: And there's no point penciling in Jones if we had signed Parise/Suter as the pick would most likely be a little bit worse.

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote