View Single Post
Old
05-16-2013, 04:40 PM
DustersAnonymous
Let the Larsson Play

vCash: 500
I think I'm a ringer, and I'm not proud of it. It's so I can play on a team with my dad. I wish it was as easy as getting him up a few levels to play with me but I can tell you that day has come and gone for him. No amount of training can get him to that level. For what its worth though, I stay back on D and rarely take shots on net.

My main focus is trying to set up my teammates, more specifically my dad if I can. While we typically have a winning record, we've never finished first place and haven't won the championship in about 5 or 6 seasons. At first, I felt a bit wrong about sandbagging it but its the only way I can play with my father, something I enjoy.

I'd like to think I'm not the kind of ringer or person everyone is upset about, I've only had someone comment about my play negatively affecting the league once and it was from a team bringing the kind of ringer I hope everyone is upset about.

The guy had talent, plenty of it. To boot, I don't think I'd ever seen him even at the rink before let alone this team. Pretty sure he had just gotten home from college. He was walking through everyone on my team and made sure he would get on the ice only when I was on the bench. This was the one time I felt like a dick after playing a game in this league. There was a turning point, he had completely faked my father out of his shorts. I mean he could have took a stroll through the slot, but he decided to pull his best bobby ryan and go through my dad TWICE more before just stuffing it in the net. He had score all 3 of this teams goals. I got out there with a purpose shut him down best I could. Went on to score 3 goals of my own to help my team win 4-3.

For that, I apologize.