View Single Post
Old
05-16-2013, 04:46 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Is Lindberg good defensively? Do you think he can slip into the 3rd line next year be a checker that can skate and put up some points (not asking if he can get 50 points next year) and not look out of place?
He is definitly very good defensively. In absolute terms, he is today probably on par with Derek Stepan for example. And that is not bad at all for a young rookie. For a center playing defense is also alot about being able to get the puck out of trouble, and Stepan is really good there. But so is Lindberg, and got that 5th sense of getting his stick into passing lanes etc. The challenge for him is the physical play, its the biggest transition.

But in the end, I also think he will be given some time. We just got a heck of a log-jam right now. I think Lindberg could do really well right now in a perfect position for him, and I think that would be like a 3rd line with say Brassard on his left and Zucc on the right (Brassard-Lindberg-Zucc), or a line that would be good both ways but he would get someone that moves the puck somewhat like him to play with.

Last edited by Ola: 05-16-2013 at 04:54 PM.