View Single Post
Old
05-16-2013, 06:37 PM
Holyhell
'Crumblers'

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicianHishon View Post
Parise+Duchene would be money they both play well down low behind the net. We've seen Parise with Stastny they weren't anything special.

Also would good is cap space if you're not spending it. I'd rather have Parise at 7 million than PAP.
Doesn't really matter what you like though does it. Suter and Parise chose Minnesota over others for reasons other than just money. There is also absolutely no guarantee that the Avs make the playoffs with those two, just like Seth Jones is no guarantee to become a superstar. We're all working in hypotheticals right now. Just because you choose to believe that the team would be better off because of *situation A* than *situation B* does not make your argument more valid.

The Minnesota situation could easily play out where Suter and Parise are seen are too great a weight for one team to hold in the salary cap era, and they'll either be forced to trade them or live with the consequences of their hasty FA action. Where they'll only become disliked by fans, not for their effort or skill but because they cannot keep up with the expectations of their contracts (Which many players signing long term deals have already, historically gone through). Meanwhile Seth Jones is exactly like what all the scouts said he was and dominates at a fraction of the cost of either of Suter/Parise and still has 4 or 5 years of solid enough cap space to bring in a performer in the future. I see that being the likely outcome of Minnesota's situation. Jone's career is up to him and how he is handled as a player, formatively, and during that time financial constraints will not be an issue concerning him, but could harbour a great relationship with the team and decide to stay on for many years at less than what a similar player could get on the open market. I mean... just look at those Parise/Suter deals!!

Holyhell is offline   Reply With Quote