Thread: Bobby Sang.
View Single Post
Old
09-30-2006, 02:11 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469 View Post
i think he's gonna turn out to be a good pick cause as he fills out alot of the flaws in his game are gonna go away. the big knock is his lack of physical play but the big reason for that is he was like 160lbs last year...as he bulks up it'll become less of an issue.

if he adds strength this year than next year he could be in a similar situation as staal this year where you wish he could go to hartford but the rules force him back to juniors

i'd put 2009 as a tentative target, that gives him this year and next in juniors (till he turns 20) followed by 6-12 months in hartford depending on if you see him toward the end of the 08-09 season or start of the 09-10 season
I think what you've pointed out REALLY nails it on the head. What I noticed last year was that he wasn't physically ready to handle certain areas of the game, so when he'd try to use his body it didn't work so well and as a result he'd avoid it and it made life mroe difficult. As he gets stronger, and if he works at it, I do believe he can overcome that flaw and get better. He'll never be a monster but it wouldn't be a problem.

His frame is built to carry a solid 195-205 pounds right now. If he grows a little more, maybe even up to about 210.

Like a lot of the other Rangers 06 picks, he's going to take time. Physically he still has a lot of maturing and that will help his overall game mature.

But for the 21st pick in the draft, he's as good as they come. The key for him will be time. I don't think this is going to be another Marc Staal where he shoots through the ranks. Could be wrong, but I think he's got further to go. But this year will give a better idea.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote