View Single Post
Old
01-03-2004, 08:23 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 500
John Madden is WAYYYYYYYYYYY overated. He is a DEFENSIVE player with grit and all great intengibles, but he's nothing on offense! Guys like Forsberg, Sakic, Yzerman, Fedorov, Sundin, Modano, Thornton, Datsyuk (this year at-least) and even Koivu (a bit of homerism in there, but still...) bring EVERYTHING to the table. John Madden doesn't even diserve to be mentionned in the same sentence as those players. He doesn't even have 20 points! A NHL top 10 center with .50 ppg, bs! To be a top 10 guy you gotta have it elite offense, good to great defense

Damn, there is a lot of shutdown guys in the NHL and none of them are considered top 10, so why this guy who is far from great is? John Madden is the most overated player in the league.

John Madden is the kind of player who are currently killing hockey. I wish their was more Daniel Brière, Mike Ribeiro and other strictly o-minded players and no more foul like Madden. He is valuable of course, but he is so overated, it's annoying. IMO he's not even the best center of his club, Gomez is better on offense and can play defense pretty well.

In my opinion Madden isn't even in the top 30 according to center and I'll name at-least 30 centers that are better than him according to me! No particular order.

Forsberg, Sakic, Lemieux, Modano, Yzerman, Fedorov, Sundin, Thornton, Datsyuk, Koivu, Lecavalier, Savard, Rucchin (at-least he has some offense!), Rolston (some offense too), Demitra, Weight, Drury, Brière, Roenick, Primeau, Comrie, Jokinen, Allison (when healthy), Yashin, Peca, Francis, Lang, Legwand, Gomez, Damphousse, Marleau, Richards.

Those are 32 centers who are better then Madden overall and I may have forgotten some players.