Thread: Prospect Info: Official OKC Barons 12/13 Thread:
View Single Post
Old
05-17-2013, 12:22 AM
CupofOil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
My thoughts exactly. He needs power skating lessons badly. If he was faster he'd be a hell of an NHLer. That has to be his primary focus this offseason.
The skating is an issue but i think he can be an effective NHLer even if his skating doesn't drastically improve. There have been plenty of NHLers who have succeeded with average to below average skating.

His biggest issue is consistent effort level and embracing his role as a net presence. He focuses too much on protecting the puck down low without any substance coming from it. He needs to learn to utilize his teammates better and crash the net with more regularity.

I also think that his development has been handled extremely poorly having been bounced back and forth between OKC and Edmonton countless times and shuffled around the lineup when he's up here. It's hard to gain any confidence when he's being handled that way.
I think it's time next season to see what we have in him, same with Lander. He will be entering his 4th pro season and Lander his 3rd. It's time to give these guys a fair shake and let them work through the growing pains without having to look over their shoulder.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote