View Single Post
Old
05-17-2013, 01:23 AM
turkulad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicY View Post
I like this team, except for the Peter Regin part. He is soft as pudding, and not the kind of player we want to add with the division we're going into.

I also like the idea of Gaunce at C, but if it doesn't pan out, we would be extremely weak up the middle in your scenario. We need someone more reliable in the 3C spot in case Gaunce were to falter.
I'm thinking about Peter Regin because he apparently he did everything wrong this year in Ottawa and is one of those change of scenery -guys we could sign for cheap. Then again Regin and Gaunce then together as our C depth is a bit scary, you are right about that. So maybe if we tweak the roster accordingly, and according to other comments. I'd think if Bieksa would be fitting to go to Tampa, we could get one of Tampa's prospect guy added to the deal (like a Brown who didn't break out, yet) but I ain't too educated on their guys' progress so I ain't slotting them in.

We'd go for a lesser prize in MacArthur that'll give you the cap possibility to sign Boyd Gordon, who probably won't be retained now that Klinkhammer was signed for the Yotes, and whose salary that is higher than Lappy's might be justified by the fact we'd be a lot more comfortable putting him on the 3rd.. Another idea from the Phoenix board would be sending Ballard there with a deal that would make us take half of his salary and we'd get their propect Goncharov. I'd much rather bargain and trade him for Michael Stone while we'd retain a million. Our defense becomes a lot younger this way and we get some assets back for him.

Also, having watched the World Champs I'd think going for Petri Kontiola with this winger depth we have would be a great opportunity to have, and this isn't only the Finn in me talking. Then Gaunce would also fall off the playing roster and we wouldn't have to rely on him at all. IF he'd be able to go to the AHL he'd be the first call-up.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
MacArthur - Kesler - Purcell
Higgins - Gordon/Kontiola - Hansen
Upshall - Kontiola/Gordon - Kassian
Gaunce - Weise

Edler - Lydman
Hamhuis - Stone
Garrison - Tanev
Corrado

Schneider
Lack

Last edited by turkulad: 05-17-2013 at 03:50 AM.