Thread: The Draft 2013
View Single Post
05-17-2013, 02:56 AM
Let's Go Hawks!
vCash: 500
has anyone done the math on our potential draft placement? i've never understood the formula once you make the playoffs.

in any event, let's just assume we're 25-30 (generous!)

I don't understand the utility of keeping that pick. What are we selecting that we don't already have? Getting Teuvo last year was a gift...but there's no way any elite skilled player would drop as far as we're picking.

I've said before i'm a Fucale fan...but w/ that said (1) i doubt he's available; and (2) if he is, i wouldn't be excited about grabbing a goalie first round when we have no second round pick.

if the hawks want a (potentially elite) goalie - comrie's out there...but i've heard so many questionable things and he's been injured.

Here's central scouting's final list:

IMO - some of the guys they have there late are pipe dreams for us.. i don't think it's a fantastic list... but who knows...i'm not a scout.

here's ISS (but it stops at 30: ... i think there are more lengthy lists out there. ... and this list doesn't look great (re the OHL players i've seen).

if the hawks are picking late...i'd be fine with them taking Compher, Bowey, Rychel (prob n/a), Dickinson, Erne (prob n/a), Hartman (prob n/a).

has anyone who has *actually seen* the Euro players know who's decent and potentially available?