View Single Post
Old
05-17-2013, 04:32 AM
LaGu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
Seems like a lot of people are hearing what they want to hear. Those people were going bananas as soon as Staal hit the ice, and all throughout his agonizing gestures. You can't sit there and tell me that everyone in the stands knew there was a major penalty and a misconduct as soon as there was contact. I can't help it if you're offended, it is what it is.
I am not offended anymore, I had my morning coffee so I am back to being zen. I don't think I said that (if I did it was not intentional).

It was obviously a good call but home crowd fans will boo the refs for calling any penalty in a WC quarter final on home ice. Especially against a team like Canada were we kind of expect you to score on each PP.

By the way, if you do think that they were heckling Staal, what were they cheering for from 1:12 to about 1:25 in the video below (some in the crowd giving standing ovations)? Was it a coincidence that that was the time when Staal was helped off the ice? And why would they go back to booing after that, when Staal was no longer present on the ice?

Last edited by LaGu: 05-17-2013 at 06:29 AM.
LaGu is offline   Reply With Quote