View Single Post
Old
05-17-2013, 03:46 AM

vCash: 500
@Vorky

Go ahead and do it then. Come and kill us. You can criticize my standpoint all you like, but it all comes down to trust for me. I have more trust in the NHL than I do in the KHL, and that is the deciding factor. If we tore ourselves free from the NHL, we'd be under your hegemony instead, and I know what I'd prefer. You could say that we'd have bargaining power if we simply followed the KHL, but I fear that we'd lose more than we gain from it.

As for cooperation, that is something I want too, but I'm not willing to submit to a KHL-hegemony. I do not want what is most likely a corrupt organization to have any sort of control over Swedish hockey. I'm not that desperate for money, like you seem to be. There are so many other values that are more important to me (and to generalize here, to most Swedes), but you've never understood that. All you see is money, money, money.

You may call us idiots for wanting to have slow change, being old-fashioned and traditional, but we simply do not want to ruin something good. We do not want to tear something that we've built completely apart, just to set up something completely new that is soulless and plastic. We're NOT fools. We also see that things need to change, but we want some sort of control over it. We want

Let me just quote joe89, again, who put it all so perfectly. Read it. Read it several times if you need, because this is important, and you NEED to truly understand what he says:

Quote:
You may think this was settled over night, but it took a year to get it done. If anything, the fact that almost all other European federations agreed on a deal they didn't even negotiate proves how important it is. No deal before the summer = players gone anyway = money lost that will never be seen again. In the case of some countries, it's the first time ever they have a transfer deal and get money for their lost players.

With your example we'd just see good Swedish juniors go straight to the CHL or AHL, never stepping their feet in the SEL. Your example is based around a non-existant scenario as far as Swedes are concerned. Swedish players want to play in the SEL, but they dream of playing in the NHL. Take away the smooth transfer rules SEL-NHL and players will look elsewhere. It's not in any shape or form comparable to how Russian players sees the KHL.

We(Swedes) should be happy to keep our juniors at home and make sure to take care of our development program, that's really important as far as I'm concerned. We've got something that's working and need to keep refining those areas. The next step is to get our kids to stay 1-2 years longer at home before going overseas, and I believe that will be the case with the four year player rights.
Now, that'll be all from me. I've said everything I want to say in this matter. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Adieu.

1978 is offline   Reply With Quote