View Single Post
Old
05-17-2013, 08:01 AM
triggrman

vCash: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtrickhayOrnqvistpay View Post
Yet other guys have done just that. If you have the horses you play them. If we land a guy like Barkov you put him in there. Same with Forsberg. We're not getting these kids to play bottom 6, these are top 6 talents and that's where they need to be. That's also why you have vets that help them through the transition. It's rough sometimes but you have to put them out there. If they have the qualities we believe they have we have a Toews/Kane tandem for years to come. They'll be bumps along the way but you live with them and go forward as fast as you can.
I'm trying to find an 18 year old center that played 20 minutes a game his draft year.

Toews didn't, Tavares didn't, Stamkos didn't, Getzlaf didn't. I'm trying to think of someone that did and I'm drawing a blank. Can you tell me who has?

Let's be realistic, if it does happen it's on a team with no center depth, we have centers, good centers, just not good scoring line centers.

I'm with you, I want Barkov or Lindholm here, I want them playing big pp minutes, but it's unrealistic to expect either of them to play 20 minutes a night, as 18 year olds in their first year on NHL ice.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote