View Single Post
Old
05-17-2013, 08:46 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
I gotta think he's on some crazy adrenaline rush because he's playing out of his mind. It's awesome to see.
Most rookies in the playoffs usually are, remember what King and Nolan brought to the lineup last year? Toffoli seems to bring that same thing this year except it's subtle with him because it's not a big hit or agressive forecheck, it's a drawn penalty and then a great play on the goal like last night. Toffoli seems to have brought that same youthful exuberance and hunger that King and Nolan had last year and that can only help the team because with a close knit team like the Kings, no one wants to be the guy that disappoints the kid/s and that picks everyones game up a notch.

Quote:
I love how Sutter is not afraid of putting Toffoli out there in just about any situation, and he increased his minutes and shifts in the 3rd, and for good reason.
I've thought this has been the best thing about Sutter since he was hired. While TM would shelter younger players and hope they find success and confidence, Sutter continues to find situations that young players can succeed and puts them in them. His in-game man-management seems to be really great as well. He picks up who is struggling and who isn't and changes lines/pairings accordingly. To me his decision to carry 7 d-men last series and his adjustments with Toffoli last night have been huge reasons why the Kings are where they are right now.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote