View Single Post
Old
05-17-2013, 09:43 AM
TimmytheTank

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
U kidding me, his other options would be to insist that those kids do exactly what Seids/Ference and Redden do, play pass between one another. Perhaps you should read before posting, I didn`t say he had the great foresight into playing all 3, I said he gave them the green light to play to their strengths, something that far too many believe he doesn`t do here

He "could" have told them all, hang back, play safe, play the D to D pass game etc...he didn`t, he did what good coaches do, allow players to play to their strength, and put them in situations to do so
Ok fair enough. I did read your post, and wasn't criticizing you. Was asking for clarification so I could better understand your argument. Maybe I should gleaned all that from what you said, my apologies. Wasn't trying to be argumentative or put you down. Forums are for discussing things.

On an adside: I agree, maybe I should give him more credit, instead of just looking at who he plays, but more how they play. Didn't really occur to me that he might take an offensive talent like Krug and tell him to play this way or that way. I always kind of assumed a player is who he is, and didn't really think about how Julien might have played them, but instructed them to tone back their offensive tendencies.

TimmytheTank is offline   Reply With Quote