View Single Post
Old
09-30-2006, 07:22 PM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Personally I'd hope Immonen plays third with Betts 4th if thats what they decide.

Also I'd love to see Baranka make the team and not as a 7th defenseman. He's quietly been very steady and played HIS game this preseason.

I'd be very happy with Dawes, Immonen, Baranka on the team.
IMO, Baranka has shown enough to be the #6 defenseman this year. However, it is rather doubtfull that he will get that chance. His camp was FAR superior to that of Rachunek. So was Pock's for that matter. It will be interesting to see if he will get the chance to break into the top-6. As for Dubinsky, not that I do not agree with the sentiment that he could not benefit from more seasoning in Hartford, but let's call a spade a spade, his camp was better than either Betts' or Hossa's. The Rangers could very easily have opened this year with Immonen & Dubinsky as the bottom-2 line centers (not that I would want Dubi developing on the 4th line).

We discussed Renney's loyalty factor last year, Edge. And you made a comment to the effect that if Renney shows that much loyalty to someone like Betts, the team has bigger issues to contend with (I am paraphrasing off course). Well ,that theory is going to get tested. Immonen is much more suited for the 3rd line center role than Betts is. Betts makes for a good 4th line center.

If it seems like Dawes has made the team, it would appear that Hossa is the odd-man out, right?

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote