View Single Post
Old
05-17-2013, 11:06 AM
abootzky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Just curious from one fan to another and I know you've been frustrated and afairc considering whether you would continue to attend. What has got you turned around and prepared to continue on.

I'm saying that in friendly terms and from the perspective of an ardent longterm fan that after decades has lost faith in this product. Somehow, my interest in the team is evaporating. Not that I want it to. I just don't have any hope in where the team is at. \

I'll probably end up going but right now this offseason I can't recall a time when I had less interest in the Esks.

It really is long past show me time for what has become a pathetic franchise.
The Eskimos missed the playoffs in 1971- the first year I started regularly attending the games (as a 10 year old with my dad). They didn't miss again until 2006, racking up 10 Grey Cup championships along the way. Life events negatively affected my interest level for a few years during the 90's but the Eskimos never lost their status as the professional sports franchise I cared about the most. Also I kept going to the games, missing only 10 in the last 42 seasons. The team finally missing the playoffs in '06 was a blow to my happiness but not to my loyalty. I was a fan of neither Danny Maciocia or Eric Tillman but not following the green & gold was simply never an option for this die-hard.

My interest level going into the '13 season is extremely high. I really want to see the Hervey/Reed regime succeed even though I honestly have no idea if it will do so. Does this attitude qualify me as an incisive football analyst? No, but that's not what I was going for anyway.