View Single Post
Old
05-17-2013, 11:09 AM
AIREAYE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
I have to step in and help sort this out... A lot of guys appear to be properly fitted because their skate seems to fit into a boot alright in store but the fitter should know the nature of the boot and the person's foot to make an educated guess on whether or not it will work on ice. The blame here is placed on whoever was doing the fitting.

I've even see this happen in cases of custom skates, talk about a major faux paus. I was at a rival store one time, just checking it out, and saw this happen personally. The employee just wants the damn money, how many hockey shop workers really care about someone else's foot?
Disagree, the fitter is limited. They do not have their foot in the boot, they also do not know how the skater skates. They have to ask the right questions and expect reliable answers. You can't blame the fitter just because you told them the the skates felt great in the store walking around but doesn't seem to work for some reason when on the ice. No one has a crystal ball.

Have you ever done fittings before? What if someone that you deem has a wide foot comes in and insists that a Vapor D width is the best? Because you should 'care' so much about their foot that you would insist right back? Your job is to fit, explain and offer alternatives, but ultimately to make a sale if you can. If they insist despite your best intentions, you take their money and perhaps include a mention on the receipt that the skates were not fitted your way. That's it.

Feet are organic, things change, everyone is different and everyone has to pitch in and help rectify the issue.