View Single Post
Old
05-17-2013, 11:11 AM
LaGu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
The behavior was deplorable.

I have no idea how a fan in attendence could not notice from the word go that a player on the ice was seriously injured. On this side of the pond its considered decency to have that be the central concern when a player is seriously hurt. Usually a hush and worried buzz fills the crowd when this happens. To be instead busy jeering the refs and jeering a Canadian player down smacks of DB's run amuck. Not a pretty sight and the fans in attendance should be ashamed.

Make no mistake, this reaction from the fans was because they were playing Canada. Because it was an irrelevant, loathsome, Canadian player down on the ice. Right?

Show concern for the player first and foremost, regardless of team, flag or country.
If you want to call out the fans for not showing enough respect (I guess it can be called respect) for an injured player that's a different thing imo. I don't think it was that bad actually in that I believe most fans quieted down fairly quickly (after a short time you can actually start hearing individual shouts instead of the collective). That said it was certainly not appropriate so I am not going to go on about arguing otherwise.

However this is not the same as saying that the crowd are heckling the actual player on the ice. That is very different thing and much worse imo.

LaGu is offline   Reply With Quote