View Single Post
Old
05-17-2013, 11:19 AM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGu View Post
If you want to call out the fans for not showing enough respect (I guess it can be called respect) for an injured player that's a different thing imo. I don't think it was that bad actually in that I believe most fans quieted down fairly quickly (after a short time you can actually start hearing individual shouts instead of the collective). That said it was certainly not appropriate so I am not going to go on about arguing otherwise.

However this is not the same as saying that the crowd are heckling the actual player on the ice. That is very different thing and much worse imo.
Canadian National clubs for whatever reason are generally regarded with contempt in Sweden. I am stating that is part of the dynamic which contributed to the woeful disregard for an obviously seriously injured Canadian player writhing on the ice. That he is a Canadian player, playing in a game against Sweden, in Sweden, is part of that dynamic, it shouldn't be.

Again in NA when a man goes down seriously hurt that is always the primary focus of the crowd. Not jeering.

Of course this being a Canadian player down on the ice in serious pain meant the crowd didn't have to (in their minds) show immediate concern or compassion. Because thats the last thought that would be held out for a Canadian player in Sweden.

The conduct of the crowd revealed contempt.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote