View Single Post
Old
05-17-2013, 12:56 PM
McPuritania
5-14-6-1

vCash: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGu View Post
I am not offended anymore, I had my morning coffee so I am back to being zen. I don't think I said that (if I did it was not intentional).

It was obviously a good call but home crowd fans will boo the refs for calling any penalty in a WC quarter final on home ice. Especially against a team like Canada were we kind of expect you to score on each PP.

By the way, if you do think that they were heckling Staal, what were they cheering for from 1:12 to about 1:25 in the video below (some in the crowd giving standing ovations)? Was it a coincidence that that was the time when Staal was helped off the ice? And why would they go back to booing after that, when Staal was no longer present on the ice?

They did cheer when he got up. But that doesn't cancel out the jeering while he was writhing on the ice.

They jeered Staal when he went down.
They cheered when he got up.
They boo'd the call afterwards.

The fact of the matter is, the crowd was giving it to Staal before the penalty was given. They couldn't know about the major penalty and the ejection before it was made. I honestly don't see how anyone could argue otherwise.

McPuritania is offline   Reply With Quote