View Single Post
Old
05-17-2013, 02:27 PM
BaseballCoach

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by uocooco View Post
Seeing as how the Drewiske pick-up was horrible; they said they watched him closely all season, but I don't know what they liked in him... He has the size (220 lbs), but he can't clear the crease or make a hit to save his life... I only watched a couple of his games after the trade and I don't know what they liked in him. Hell, even Pierre McGuire said it was a good pick-up, so you know it's bad.

I think the ones who scouted him were Ethan Moreau and/or Vaughn Karpan. Not sure if Scott Mellanby or Larry Carrière had anything to do with this decision.

Anyways... I'm no expert, but where I'm getting at is, with the UFA market closing in, is anybody else slightly worried about us making bad signings?
I disagree that Drewiske is terrible. He is a very serviceable 6th/7th defenceman. The whole team had defensive breakdowns while he was in the lineup. They continued even after he came out.

Secondly, even if Drewiske was slighly over-rated, you can't question all of pro scouting over it. Prust was a good pickup, and the reports that Halpern still had his speed were correct. The Ryder pickup was a plus, as well, on the ice for this year.

Not worried about pro scouting.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote