View Single Post
Old
05-17-2013, 02:36 PM
stick9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
I'm sure it'll be met with criticism as it's borderline sacrilegious in these parts but if there's a rift between PC and Neely that would ever result in the end of that relationship, man am I hoping it's Neely who goes, though I realize that's unlikely given their titles. It would depress me to no end to think a guy with zero front office experience who was a fan favorite as a player won out over an experienced, highly intelligent, proven front office guy. It's almost the polar opposite of how I'd want this team run.
I think Neely has some cache with the owner though. Enough so that he's able to publicly comment about money and spending without ramification.

Look, this isn't the Columbus Blue Jackets. If PC was let go there would be a line of guys with resumes in hand waiting to get the gig here.

Cam has done a decent job here. His presence brings accountability to the front office. You have to be from another planet or Montreal to not respect Cam Neely. That type of respect and leadership filters down through the organization.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote