View Single Post
Old
05-17-2013, 02:41 PM
LaGu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
I can agree with some of what both of you state. But you are both stating it from the Swedish perspective on an NA board to a devout Canadian. While I may appear to be slinging with some of this I'm actually being patient and with some restraint.

Canadians, and Canadian players, have their own views of Swedish player tactics and conduct in world hockey play. Its an unfavorable one by the way. Cheating and diving coming closest to the mark. So then especially odd that a Canadian writhing in pain on the ice isn't afforded basic decency from the crowd at the game. I dare say if this was a Swede kicking like he'd been shot on the ice playing in Canada there would be some momentary skepticism, for very good reason, followed by respectful attention if player was actually injured. Canadian players conversely don't have a habit of feigning injury so not sure why Swedes would suspect anything rotten in Denmark unless engaging in psychological "projection"..

All intended in good fun, till someone shoots their eye out.
This is back to the initial point, and as you know and I have argued, I don't think that the crowd's reaction had anything to do with Staal.

TBH I think it is perfectly fine reacting against Edler, same as there were reactions against Getzlaf last WC. What I don't like is when this becomes a SWE-supporter vs. CAN-supporter issue.

LaGu is offline   Reply With Quote