View Single Post
Old
05-17-2013, 02:51 PM
Zappy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter Scale View Post
Gotchya. Didn't read through the whole thread, so didn't see anyone else *****ing about Hank who also said they didn't watch the whole game. On the same page as you then.

Anyway, re: the Fleury comparison people are making right now --

There are trade offs. I wouldn't trade Hank for virtually anything, but having a goalie eating up close to $7 mil in salary in a cap world will limit what you can do with the rest of the team. Fleury makes $5 mil. This close to $2 mil difference - combined with the salary tied up in Drury and Redden's buyouts - leaves the Rangers with a lot fewer options than the Pens have. Those two factors are a big part of why the Pens have a much deeper forward corps than pretty much anyone in the NHL.

There may be some legitimacy to going for the solid, lower paid goalies and hoping they go on a tear in the playoffs or have a breakout season.
I get it, but I can't really get on that bandwagon. He is making that money and performing like a rockstar most of the time.

If we want to talk about money and cap room, we should talk about the underperformers that are wasting dollars. cough Richards cough

Zappy is offline   Reply With Quote