View Single Post
Old
05-17-2013, 02:00 PM
Zappy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Hank is not the only one to blame. He is however the face of the franchise and its most important player he deserves a disproportional amount of blame. When he has a great game he is called a god, people are ready to marry him, and they want a statue built for him near MSG (I'm pretty sure I actually read this too). Then when he has a stinker, all of a sudden he can't get blame. It works both ways.

Oh and I never said that the team's attitude is "we shouldn't even be here". My point is, that it's irrelevant in judging his performance since we shouldn't have even been there.
That still doesn't really make sense to me. OT is still a period in the game. It is still a time when you can make a difference and win the game. Regardless of how we got there, the offense (and even the defense) didn't even show up for that period.

Playoff teams are (generally) on a similar level playing field, especially by Round 2. Games like this go to OT for that reason. So, if your team can't win or even show up in an OT period, I think that is a much bigger problem than a goalie giving up soft goals here and there.

He does deserve some blame - so we will just agree on that one point and that's all.

Zappy is offline   Reply With Quote