View Single Post
Old
05-17-2013, 02:03 PM
LaGu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Its all good. But the reality whether you or I like it is there tends to be such perspectives and on both sides and that go beyond even present generations. Thats what I'm trying to convey. For instance how many times when you were a kid would you hear about "Canadian players" in a negative context before you had even developed your *own perspective*.

We're all products, in some way, of subtle, or overt generalization inputs. Even perpetuating them as I have done for point of illustration.
It comes back to the love/hate thing again, and to what OiledUp brought up. Swedes generally have the utmost respect for Canada but emotions run high and sometimes they get interpreted in the wrong way.

Of course there's an idea of how certain nations play and/or behave. As I said, Canadians are generally portrayed as overly physical, but what often gets forgotten here is that attached to that was always the notion that NA teams knew what it took to win, nothing fancy, no passing around forever (as Sweden used to do); shoot, score, crash the net, hit and win.

LaGu is offline   Reply With Quote