View Single Post
05-17-2013, 02:12 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
No, it is embarrassing and no, Sweden was not a good team.

Whether you care about this tournament or not (I don't), it's still embarrassing when Canada sends a team filled with NHL stars, including a Rocket Richard winner, and you can't even advance to the Medal rounds - I mean, 4 years in a row? Really? C'mon.

Sweden had 8 NHLers (including 2 goals; both back-ups), and lost their best defenseman to a 5-minute kneeing major and Canada still couldn't win. That's sad, no matter how little you care or how you slice it.

Again, I don't care about this tournament. If Canada wins, good, if they don't, it doesn't bother me. But just because it doesn't bother me, doesn't mean it's not embarrassing in terms of the view from the hockey world.
Nobody is going to look at their losses in the WC and think..hmm..I think Canada is on the down swing in international competition.

I don't care who they sent, they aren't our best players. It's not embarrassing, because outside of the players that are playing, not too many people even care or are paying attention to the tournament.

Even if they won gold I don't think many people would care. And how is Sweden not a good team? Just because they don't have NHL stars? they beat NHL stars, so clearly they ARE a good team.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote