View Single Post
Old
05-17-2013, 03:22 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
I agree, I think the fact, for now, esp in the playoffs, he's being slotted in a position where he's not facing top competition is good for him and gives him a chance to shine in a more comfortable area.
Hard to take your eyes off him last night, he looked very comfortable playing in all 3 zones. He's a shooter and I think he'd be a good fit with Kopi, and maybe move Brown down to the 2nd line next year. Having 2 shooters on the 2nd line wouldn't be as balanced .But the kid is clearly a top 6 player and you can see that in his play and decision making.

Thanks for the summary, and with Deano getting what? 10 more this year in the draft? Stocking that farm system and keeping it rich.

I am looking forward to Pearson maybe making the team next year on LW, he's clearly on that path. A friend of mine who does fantasy hockey asked meabout him because he knows I am a Kings fan. he said (and I don't know fantasy hockey so I wasn't familiar with the name/site) Dobbler hockey or someone who posts articles there had a nice piece on Pearson and how he's rising fast.

Anyway, I liked your overview
Kings are lucky you don't have HOmer...took many bad decisons and valuable picks traded away for too many years and now a thin farm system that needs to be restocked.
I couldn't agree more though it is sad to watch such a storied franchise like the Flyers have to suffer through these hard times. Still a very good team and who knows, if they can give a little time to this group of players maybe they can get back on track but when you consider how close they were with MR and JC in the line up it sure doesn't look too good.

I didn't even touch the next wave group of kids or the outsiders who have real shots like Kitsyn and Porkins or any of the other kids. We are truly deep and set for the next 5 years today. After this years draft in another 4 to 6 years we will be looking ready to keep the machine running for even longer.

DL has done an amazing job.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote