View Single Post
Old
05-17-2013, 02:39 PM
Uindicator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledown99 View Post
Myers has regressed every season since his rookie year.

His issue is mental. He beats himself over mistakes and then his play suffers even more. There is no way I would give up Eberle for him. It is even foolish to consider it. Myers right now he is a basket case. Maybe you can hire him mindset coaches and psychologists and get him right but there is no guarantee.

This could be just another example (in a long line of them) of taking more time with defensive prospects. When a dmen loses his confidence especially over a long period it is really difficult to get them back to their old self, never mind improved.

I don't blame HFOil lusting after him.....you guys are figuring he will get back to his old self (most likely even better) but that his wishful thinking at best.

In real estate they say its better to let speculators guess because that is the easiest way to go broke. The best way to be successful is to give up the first 20% and only come in when all signs point to success (and give up the last 20% because you don't want to get stuck).

I think the same could be said in Myers case. Yes we might get him cheap now but their is no guarantee of a positive return (and huge risk with his cap hit). I rather wait and see if he can regain his form and pay a little more later when you are more assured of what you are getting.
Very true everything is mental at this point but you bring him here surrounded by players his own age and similar contracts and same expectations he can thrive. Yes in real estate you can go broke but you also dont have a buy-clause like in the NHL lol, give him 2-3 years. And he's from calgary so that might help being close to family.

Last edited by Uindicator: 05-17-2013 at 02:46 PM.