View Single Post
Old
05-17-2013, 03:05 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
If he had the upside of Al MacInnis (pretty lofty expectations, no?) and a downside of Boychuk, he would be close to Jones territory.
I haven't seen Pulock play and i understand that you really like him as a player, he does have a good skillset but you even admitted that you hadn't seen Nurse, Risto or Zadarov play so how can you make a proper comparison between those 3 and Pulock?
The general consensus seems to be that those 3 are clustered as the 2nd tier after Jones then there's a fairly steep drop off towards the next group of defensemen.
This draft is a toss up though, some guys have Risto going in the 20's! I've seen Risto at the WJC's and he reminds me a little of Klefbom. I have seen Nurse once but was not impressed enough to see why people want to take him in the top 10. I think if he was 6 feet people would be talking about a late 1st or early second instead of top 10. I think a lot of guys are getting to caught up with his size. And yea I haven't seen Zadorov but he sounds like a heck of a defenceman, sounds a lot like Jared Cowen IMO. But like I said I haven't seen him play.